For the past 2-3 years, we’ve all spent a lot of time at home. This has given us plenty of time to notice areas in our homes that could be updated, given a good cleaning, or other improvements. As a result, the number of internet searches for home cleaning advice has skyrocketed.
However, our bond cleaning experts have answered the 10 most frequently searched cleaning questions.
Below are the answers to those questions:
How to clean carpet the right way?
Allowing dust and soil particles to remain on carpet fibres causes them to look dull and retain odours, as well as wearing out the carpet backing and fibres. The best way to clean carpet is to use a vacuum with strong suction and to do so frequently. If you don’t have a vacuum, carpet cleaning can be done with a broom or a carpet sweeper.
It is best to treat a carpet stain as soon as possible. If a liquid spill occurs, blot it up immediately with paper towels or a white cloth. Use a colorfast cloth or napkin at all times.
To remove more solid mud stains or dropped food, use the edge of a credit card or a dull knife. Rubbing a stain with solids will only push it deeper into the fibers.
Recommended Read: Cleaning Mistakes that Affect Carpet Life
What is the easiest way to clean windows?
Add a few drops of liquid dish soap to a bucket or large pot of clean, cool water. A large bath towel should be placed beneath the window to catch any spills. Begin at the top and work your way down the window. Remember to clean the frame both inside and out.
The vinegar and water solution should be sprayed all over the window. Dry the window completely with a clean, lint-free towel in a Z-shaped motion. If you prefer, you can dry the windows with clean paper towels.
How can an oven be cleaned?
Baked-on grease and grime can be difficult to remove from an oven, even if it has a self-cleaning feature. Cleaning paste can be made from scratch.
Make a spreadable paste with 1/2 cup baking soda and just enough water and apply the paste inside the oven.
Fill a spray bottle halfway with vinegar and water, and spray inside your oven. Spray well, especially on thick or stubborn stains.
Allow the baking soda and vinegar foam to sit in your oven for at least 12 hours before wiping it down with a clean cloth and clear water.
Overnight is ideal. If necessary, repeat or hire a professional oven cleaner in Gold Coast.
How can I clean my curtains at home?
Cold water should be used to soak the curtains. Then, depending on the fabric, carefully wash it. When hand-washing curtains, make sure the detergent is completely dissolved before immersing them. Do not wring or rub.
Thoroughly rinse. Squeeze out as much water as possible, or use a quick spin in the washing machine.
Iron the curtains while they are still damp. Work lengthwise on the wrong side, gently stretching the fabric to prevent puckering seams.
Hang the curtains while they are slightly damp to allow them to fall to the proper length.
Remember: Only spin or iron them if they care label specifies.
What is the right way to clean the blinds?
Begin by closing the blinds and gently wiping them down with a microfiber cloth, working from the top of the blind down. It helps to pull the bottom of the blind out from the window with your other hand. Adjust the blinds to open them, and then wipe them down with the microfiber cloth once more. Then close them in the opposite direction and repeat.
Using your vacuum attachment, vacuum up any dust and debris. If you have stuck-on dirt or stains, make a solution of equal parts white vinegar and water. Pull a clean sock over your hand and then dip it into your cleaning solution. Wring the sock out until it is no longer dripping wet.
With your hand covered by the sock, run your fingers over each blind blade tightly. Allow the blinds to dry completely.
How to keep the toilet sparkling clean?
There is an easy way to remove grime and mineral deposits from your toilet so that it sparkles afterward:
- Sprinkle baking soda in the toilet bowl.
- white vinegar must be poured on top of the baking soda.
- Scrub the toilet with a toilet brush.
- To rinse, flush the toilet several times.
- Borax and lemon juice should be combined. Rub the remaining dirt with the mixture.
- Allow it to sit for a few hours before scrubbing and rinsing.
- Remove any remaining stains with a wet pumice stone.
How do I clean my washing machine?
- Collect some of the cleaning supplies, like Distilled White vinegar,
Baking powder, Toothbrush, Spray bottle, Microfiber cloth.
- Spray white vinegar on the washer drum.
- Clean the Rubber Gaskets
- Pour distilled white vinegar into the detergent dispenser and fill the washing machine with hot water.
- Pour baking soda directly into the washing machine drum and run it again.
- Wipe down the washing machine’s door and front.
- Leave the door open and allow the washing machine to dry.
How to properly clean the TV screen?
- Unplug and unplug your television.
- Wipe the screen clean in a circular motion with a soft, dry microfiber cloth to remove any dust or debris.
- Moisten your cloth with distilled water to remove stubborn stains.
- If that doesn’t work, try mild dish soap and distilled water solution.
How do you clean a cast-iron skillet after use?
- Clean the skillet as soon as possible after use, while it is still hot or warm. If you soak the pan or leave it in the sink, it will rust.
- Hand-wash the skillet with hot water and a stiff brush. (If the water is extremely hot, use tongs or gloves!) Avoid using the dishwasher, soap, or steel wool, as these may remove the seasoning from the pan.
- Remove stuck-on food by scrubbing the pan with a paste of coarse kosher salt and water. Then rinse with water or wipe with a paper towel. A pan of boiling water can also help loosen stubborn food residue.
- Dry the skillet thoroughly with a towel or on the stovetop over low heat.
- With a cloth or paper towel, lightly coat the inside of the skillet with vegetable oil or melted shortening. Some people like to oil the outside of the skillet as well. Buff away any excess.
Place it away: Keep the skillet in a cool, dry place.
What is the best way to clean and freshen up a mattress?
- Collect all of your mattress cleaning supplies.
- Certain materials are required to deep clean a mattress. Gather an upholstery vacuum, an enzyme cleaner, or dish soap to remove stains, laundry detergent, baking soda, cleaning cloths, and cold water.
- Make the bed and wash all of the bedding.
- Clean the mattress
- Spot-clean your mattress with a stain remover.
- Scatter baking soda over the entire mattress.
- Vacuum once more
- Turn the mattress over.
- Shield the mattress
- Use a fitted sheet to keep dust at bay.
Recommended Read: Tips To Find The Best Cleaning Company Gold Coast